Sunday, December 14, 2008

My Baby Turned 19!

Today my oldest baby celebrated his 19th birthday. Hard to believe he is that old now. I don't want to even think about how old I am. The party included my sister and my aunts and mother. It was a quiet celebration (which is what a 19 yr old guy wants when family is involved).

After the party ended we feasted on a delectable smoked turkey breast that my step-dad smoked for me. It was the moistest turkey I've ever eaten in my life and I'm not sure if I can eat turkey any other way now. Matt really enjoyed it.

After I rested a bit (my feet were killin' me by this time), Leah and I proceeded to pull our sugar cookie dough out of the fridge and rolled out and cut-out our Christmas cookies. We got them all baked. . . .about 40 cookies total. . . . and we'll decorate them Monday after school.

Today started off at 59°, but by late morning we had a 20° drop to 38°!!! It was a crazy weather day and not conducive to smoking a turkey I understand.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: