Thursday, June 28, 2007

Domestic Goddess


So far this week I've baked a loaf of wheat bread (it was awful...like a brick), 2 batches of cookies, and some fried okra from farmer's market on Wednesday. Today I am spending the day doing laundry. I cleaned Leah's room up on Wed. and Sarah's today. So I am domestic goddess this week.

It's been raining since Tuesday night with flash flood warnings. We got 1/2" yesterday and 9/10" today for a 2-day total of 1.4". Luckily our drainage problem has remained at bay since each shower only lasts for 30 min or so and it's at least 2 hours between rain storms; giving time for the water to drain away.

Watched Blood Diamond with Leo DiCaprio today. Pretty good movie, but nothing to rave about. Interesting learning about the "conflict diamond" trade. Makes me wonder if my wedding ring is one of them. Most likely is given the timeframe in which it was purchased.

Still thinking of getting away with Patrick sometime in late July or early August before we go to Burning Man. Ideas range from Herman, MO to Chicago or New Orleans.

Above: Vatican City At right: At Sunset